Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Vote for Good Food

Today, we went to a neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant called Chopsticks. On a cold winter day, it's a great place to get a hot bowl of Pho. The place often has a lot of empty seats, and it makes me wonder if they make enough money to stay in business. We were treated to a new menu today that featured Thai, Sushi and other Japanese dishes like udon noodles in addition to the Vietnamese fare. Apparently, that way the restaurant can appeal to more people. I understand it's for survival, but I am still disappointed. This dinner discussion reminded me of something I read recently about Whole Foods and whether it will make it through a slowing economy. It made me conscious of how I spend my food dollars. I am essentially voting when I shop or eat. Think about who or what you want to vote for.

No comments:

Post a Comment