Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bow Ties not Just for Geeks!

People like Charles Osgood, George Will and Pee Wee Herman are hip, fashionable and in style. There is a long list of distinguished bow tie wearers.
Hey maybe these guys were never out of style, perhaps we were out of fashion for years.

Thanks to the shows "Mad Men" and "Gossip Girl," bow ties are making a comeback. It's now cool to wear a bow tie.
If you're wondering where to find a bow tie, check out these hand made ones from Beau TiesLtd. of Middlebury, VT.

And the Wall Street Journal offers a how to tie a bow tie tutorial here.
One guy told the WSJ that women smile when he wears a bow tie. I can see that. It's so charming. So, what does a bow tie say about a man?

2 comments:

  1. What does a bow tie say about a man? It says: "Hi. I am geeky, intellectual, and possibly gay. I like creases in my trousers and have more than one pair of suspenders. I like it neat and tidy. I am a desirable guest to have at a party because once you get some champagne in me, there's no telling WHAT's going to happen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to meet the guy you described. He sounds like he could be fun especially after you get some champagne in him.

    ReplyDelete