Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fan Mail via Snail Mail

It may surprise you to hear people still send fan mail to stars via the post office. In an age of instant messaging, texts and tweets, can you imagine someone waiting more than 24 hours for a response?

In the case of a busy celebrity, he/she can hire a company like Mail Mann to handle all correspondences.

It doesn't sound like you'll get special attention from the stars for sending an e-mail. Mail Mann also handles e-mails.

I do appreciate getting a hand written note in the mail. Maybe that's the thought behind writing to the stars. Have you ever written to a star? I have written thank you notes to stars but I met them as part of my work so I don't think that counts.

2 comments:

  1. This is a bit surprising on many levels. And not least of all because here's an office manager who used to be a psychotherapist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably makes her uniquely qualified for responding to fan mail.

    ReplyDelete