Sunday, April 5, 2009

Havana Day Dreamin'

There is a Jimmy Buffett song called "Havana Day Dreamin' " that makes me think of Cuba and the pictures my Cuban-American friends paint of the country before Fidel Castro.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that President Barack Obama will lift the travel ban on Cuba, allowing Cuban-Americans to visit family members in Cuba as often as they want and to send as much funds.



I am excited about this because I have been dreaming of a trip to Cuba for a long time. This will be just a small opening, but could eventually open the door wider allowing all Americans to travel to Cuba without going to Canada first for a visa.


I came across this story about Spring Break in Cuba. Check out the picture of the Cuban woman kissing the German tourist. lol.


Put me in the front of the line for a trip to Havana Day Dreamin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment